Thursday, May 5, 2011

National Day of Prayer

National Prayer Day draws thousands, but also stirs controversy

03:34 PM

Thousands of Americans marked the 60th annual National Prayer Day in local communities and churches, although the yearly event almost got overshadowed in the aftermath of Bin Laden and the celebration of Cinco de Mayo.
It also almost didn't make it over a legal hurdle this year. Only last month did a federal appeals court overturned a lower court ruling that had declared the proclamation of a National Prayer Day as unconstitutional, CBS notes.
Congress established the day in 1952, but the president by law must proclaim a day in May every year.

I don't know about you but how can PRAYING be overshadowed by anything? In my opinion, you better be in prayer 24/7. One of my favorite verses
Pray without ceasing... 1 Thessalonians 5:17
The "unconstitutional" thing doesn't surprise me a bit. There will ALWAYS be those that claim that! Oh pish posh! Good grief I say! They may not know God now nor worship or serve him or believe prayer is a necessity, but when Jesus comes, we ALL will know what is and is not "Constitutional".
And one thing I know for sure....

Philippians 2
10 That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; 11And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

 Romans 14
10But why dost thou judge thy brother? or why dost thou set at nought thy brother? for we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ.
11For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God.
12So then every one of us shall give account of himself to God.

But I do not want you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning those who have fallen asleep, lest you sorrow as others who have no hope.  For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so God will bring with Him those who sleep in Jesus.
"For this we say to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord will by no means precede those who are asleep.  For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God.  And the dead in Christ will rise first.  Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air.  And thus we shall always be with the Lord.
"Therefore, comfort one another with these words" I Thessalonians 4:13-18

Today, as any other day, Christians believe in prayer. We have hope through our faith that God answers our prayers. The answers may not be just exactly like we want them, but they are answered with God's plan and even better than we thought. God's will is always the best.

The Lord's Prayer Words

(traditional)


Our Father, which art in heaven,
hallowed be thy name.
Thy Kingdom come,
thy will be done,
in earth as it is in heaven
Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive them that trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.
For thine is the kingdom,
the power, and the glory,
for ever and ever.
Amen.


And on a lighter note.....This week is Teacher Appreciation Week! So to all my fellow teacher blogging buddies, whether you are public school, private school, home school, Sunday school.....
I salute you and give you applause! The job you do is commendable!

So days are diamonds and some days are stones! sang John Denver!

Today I had a few stones! It's getting that time of year when little people (and big people) are definitely ready for SUMMER! If students were punching a time clock, I think they have checked out!
And I had some diamond days! A sweet girl that I had last year in my class has been showering me this week with goodies made by her Momma. (She is an awesome baker!) Yesterday was a full pan of cinnamon rolls that I just smeared on my hips because that's eventually where they end up, right? And today I got a Chocolate Surprise Bundt Cake. 
I just adore you Callie...and your Momma too! 


I hope all you teachers feel appreciated and special!
You deserve it! 

P.S.....For me, 13 more days until they return to their Moms and Dads for Summer! Is it okay to say, Yippee? 



No comments: