Friday, October 28, 2011

Sugar and spice
and everything nice
that's what little girls are made of

Sunshine and rainbows
and ribbons for hair bows
that's what little girls are made of

Tea parties, laces
and baby doll faces
that's what little girls are made of.


Well, it's official!  2 sonograms later....
1st sono was a little iffy...she didn't want to provide the best angle for viewing so it was not a 100% confirmation....but after a 2nd viewing this week, we will be blessed with a little Granddaughter! YIPPEE! Grandpa was pretty excited! He's a pro at little girls! 
Grandma T was holding off....restraining myself to buy anything pink or blue until confirmed....
but now....
look out...
because I've got lots of pink, bows, tutus, ruffles to buy. 
Her momma has the nursery all planned and it will be adorable. 
Lace is doing very well and has really just starting showing. Her belly is getting so cute! Her 20 Kindergarteners love to give the baby hugs as well as Auntie D and Auntie H. 
February 13th is arrival day....but wouldn't a day late be so fun?  Pink and Red for sure that day!


 We are so excited for her to get here....
I get to put up my crib and changing table that Daddy and I bought for our first born and all 4 of my babies used.  I've been stocking up on diapers and wipies.
I have a framed poem in my house that says

"Our family is a circle of strength and love, with every birth and every union, the circle will grow, every joy shared adds more love, every crisis faced together, makes the circle stronger." 

 

That pretty much sums it up, huh? I'm betting that all of you out there that have already experienced the joy of Grandparenthood will say that it's pretty good, pretty fun, and pretty fulfilling.

 

I keep getting told that "there's nothing like it."  

 

I've already been praying for this little darling....for so many things....but most of all that she will love God and know Jesus. I'm excited for her to go to Sunday School, to learn "Jesus Loves Me" for the first time, to fold her little hands and pray, and to have a little Bible all her own.

I know her Momma and Daddy will bring her up "in the nurture and admonition of the Lord."   Ephesians 6:4

 All Grandparenting advice is welcome! 

 

 


1 comment:

A Gardner's Cottage said...

OH MY GOODNESS!!!! I am just catching up on all of the wonderful things happening! I am SO thrilled for you and your family. Congrats! Take care my friend.

Nancy