Thursday, March 17, 2011

Happy St. Patrick's Day

Hope you are having a wonderful St. Patty's Day! My class is in full force with GREEN today! Green clothes, fingernails, hats, jewelry, necklaces......AND we are having GREEN snacks today! Pickles, green sherbet floats, cupcakes, cookies....
Yes, I'm sure you can just imagine the "educational" teaching and learning we are getting done! And on top of that... SPRING BREAK fever has hit these little critters! By Friday at 3:00 p.m. I'm sure everyone will be ready for a week off!
 I like this holiday...it's easy and fun. My mom used to always fix an awesome corn beef and cabbage and new potatoes meal that was tradition. That will be one of the things I really miss having. I would like to fix it today but we are so consumed with packing and a TO DO list, I'm not sure if it will happen. It may end up being a Post - St. Patrick's Day meal in April!

I have some Irish in my blood supposably! I've never done a true genealogy study but I think Grandma Vivien (who I got my red hair from) has the Irish descent. Have any of you done a Genealogy study and do you have any advice on how to even begin?

The sun is shining today and although it's windy, the temperatures are supposed to hit 80 degrees! Can you imagine?  Oh how glorious! 


What are your plans for this GREEN day? 

2 comments:

Life In a Little House said...

Oh how wonderful to be enjoying warm weather we have warm weather here also!! Enjoy your St.Pattys Day ~Love Heather

Farming On Faith said...

Oh I bet you are in a frenzy with packing~ have a great time away.

The weather was so gorgeous today. I bet your students were wound for sound for sure.

Send us some pictures from your boat!