Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Trick or Treat!

Another Halloween has been survived! My husband's side of the family has celebrated at Grandma and Grandpa's house for YEARS. Our idea of Halloween is eating, talking, watching the kiddos in their costumes, and eating more! It's more of a family fellowship time than anything! Tonight there were around 24 of us...a house full....but also very empty as Grandpa was not there. Each and every one of us felt him being there, but his physical presence was very missed. 

It's so hard when you lose such a patriarch of a family. We have wonderful memories in our hearts and tons of pictures but it's still hard. The holidays will be tough....but this is a wonderful, close, loving family that I feel blessed to be a part of. Here are a few snapshots of a fun evening together.

My sis in law and I usually sit on couch and just talk all night! She always dresses up so cute!
 My great nephew...he was a jockey!
 A great group of kiddos!
 Lacey and my niece who was Mini Daisy Duke!
 Darb and Roscoe!
 The newest member of our family.....Sayge...my great niece....she was the most adorable ghost!


 Grandma and 2 of her grandbabies!




I must say, I am happy to survive another year at school with Halloween parties. WHEW! I felt like I was on the wagon holding the reins of 19 very excited horses ready to run! Their desks, my desk, and their bellies were FULL of sugar! I did good....I ate a salad for lunch! But when evening came....I hit the buckets of candy!

5 comments:

Heather said...

Ha I would imagine being an Elementary Teacher on halloween is pretty spooky lol!! Great pictures thanks for sharing ~Have a Fantastic Week ~Love Heather

Unknown said...

Great pictures. I can never get mine to look right when I put them on my blog.
I’m so glad you came by for a visit and most importantly, the kind words you said.

I am a follower!
cindy

Anonymous said...

nice post thanks for sharing! God bless you...

Simple Home said...

It looks like you all had a great time. We still have lots of candy at our house, and Thanksgiving will bring even more sweets...and then Christmas!
Blessings,
Marcia

www.FarmLifeLessons.blogspot.com said...

Tanya --- You have such a beautiful family! I'm glad to meet you too! Yes, we're trying to get moved to the country. I am super scared deep inside, yet also super brave...all mixed together! I've been married over 25 years to a Deputy Sheriff and we have two grown daughters, so this country living stuff is something we always dreamed about...now that it's getting close, we are trying to figure out everything. Anyway, I'm going to be reading your blog as well and adding to my roll. :-)

Lana