Sunday, February 20, 2011

Bargains!

Saturday was a quick shopping run....I knew my mission....I had researched the ad! I've been saving my extra duty money from school every month for months in an envelope and I finally got to buy my Kitchen Aid Mixer. I also waited until Kohls had it on sale AND I had a 30% coupon AND I get a $30 Rebate. So compared to what it originally was I got a steal! I wanted a pop of color in my kitchen which is sage green so I got the bright red one. I normally lean to a black or white but this time I lived it up! Plus hubby and my two daughters who were with me all said "red!" I've been reading the book to make sure I use it right. (I'm a little OCD about that kind of stuff.) So now I'm ready to....bake! I'm going to do some past blog reading and find all those recipes you all put up and try it out! To all of you Kitchen Aid women out there.....I can't wait to hear your reviews and what to do and what NOT to do.






And.......my even better bargain was PILLOWS! I bought 8 of them! Regular $9.99/each....on sale for $4.49....down to $3.15 with coupon. I would have bought more but my 2 carts full of pillows was a little embarrassing going through the aisles.


Yes, I'm a bargain shopper....I get a thrill for a sale....I appreciate hearing others getting a good deal...I always check out the clearance aisle or the sale rack....I love Good Will, Flea Markets, and Dollar Stores! And I'm afraid I've rubbed off on my daughters. I hope that's not a bad thing. I think I have lots of bargain buddies out there who would agree to a great deal, eh?


7 comments:

A Gardner's Cottage said...

You are going to LOVE your new kitchen aid!!!My" what to do" is simple USE IT and use if often ;) Can't wait to see what you whip up.
I can't believe you got so many pillows (cushions as my friend Carol calls them) for only three dollars and some change...Way to go!
Have a great week!

Nancy

www.thewhitefarmhouse2.blogspot.com said...

You kitchen aid will be become your kitchen buddy. I just love mine! I cannot believe how much better everything turns out with it too! You should check out Walmart and Meijer's if you have them by you for accessories. I have found them really cheap there. That is an awesome deal you got on yours! You go girl!

Life In a Little House said...

What a good Bargain hunter you are!! Enjoy your good finds ~Love Heather

haleybeth said...

New pillow when I get home, yippee!!! And your motto, if you really want it, GET IT, it might be gone later if you dont!!

Happy@Home said...

I love a good bargain and you did good on yours. Your new mixer is beautiful and I think you made the right decision to choose red. Can't wait to see what you whip up with it.

PBKISSES said...

Yay for you! You got it! I LOVE the red- definitely the right choice! I can't wait to see it in person!

Yvonne @ StoneGable said...

Hi Tanya! Thank you for you lovely comments.
I am so jealous... I was on a RC Carribean cruise this time last year. It was spectacular!!!!!
What a pretty new baby you have for the kitchen. My kitchen aid baby is 18 years old and going strong. If there were fire I would want to run in and save it!
And from one bargain lover to another, good job!
Yvonne