Friday, September 23, 2011

Fall is Here....the Candles are Lit!

I'm not ready to give up on Summer...I never am! But if I have to...then at least it's nice to roll into Fall/Autumn and not jump right into Winter. I'm not a COLD weather person. I actually love the Fall....the mild temps are refreshing, the smells are fabulous, the decorations and colors are stunning. 
Here are some of my likes....






So I first start out the season with digging out all my Fall candles and getting them lit, 

(this is my new favorite this season)


and making sure my plug ins are going strong. My fav...(I actually keep it going most of the year) is the seasonal one 

That gets me in the mood to drag out the boxes of Fall decor and turn on the music. And then I start...ooohhhh I do love those colors! And since the house is smelling so great, now I'm on the hunt for some ARTIFICIAL bittersweet. Any ideas where to get some? A wreath, some garland, picks of bittersweet????
I have a sweet friend at church who always brings me a bag of REAL bittersweet that she picks on her farm. I just love it!
I have not bought my pumpkins, or hay bales, or mums, but it's on my list of "To Do". 
So in the meantime, I'll just~~~~~~~~~
make a cup of hot coffee and pour in some yummy creamer....
have a hot piece of pumpkin bread or a muffin with butter dripping off,
curl up in a chair with my October issue of Better Homes and Garden

and I'm a happy camper!

Are you in the mood for Fall?
What do you love about it?



3 comments:

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ said...

I love fall, Tanya! I love the "feel" in the air....it just seems cozy inside with the cooler temps, the yummy smells from the candles, and all those vibrant colors inside and out with fall decor! I just got my stuff out in my house over the past couple of days here and there. I hope to get some pics in a day or so.

Hope you are doing well and that school is going well too!

Talk to you soon! :)
Tammy

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

just bought the Pumpkin Spice creamer and am having a cup of coffee now...and mums are on the list for this week

Simple Home said...

I'm looking forward to cooler temps, but we're still waiting for them. We use Scentsy around here now, and love the number of scents available, plus the fact that we don't have to worry if we leave the house with one on :)
Have a wonderful week!
Blessings,
Marcia