Monday, August 30, 2010

Weekend Getaway...



Hopefully will sit down when a football game is on and embroidery a cute little something on this apron!!

I loved these napkin/bread covers someone had made!! The ric rac sold me!!


I've been watching for some candy/apothecary jars...these were only $2.95.  My Grandma used to have refrigerator dishes and I always loved them. I remember thinking how fancy they were for "LEFTOVERS!"  No Tupperware or Rubbermaid back then!!  And I've never had a lemon juicer so for $3.50 I'm excited!


So it was a great trip and a fun getaway!!  This week I'm motivated....I'm tackling some of those "projects" I've been putting off.  Lace has me inspired...she's working on painting a couple of old chairs and a side table to go in her new school office. Cute colors!!
I have my new cabinet sitting in my garage just waiting to be made over! The list never ends, huh?
Today was a beautiful day!!  I'm not ready to give up on Summer weather yet. But I'm very excited to get my Fall decorations out.  Sept. 1 signals fall to me!! Are you in the mood for Fall???

Have a great Tuesday! God Bless!!

2 comments:

Happy@Home said...

So nice that you and your hubby could get away for a quick trip. It sounds like you packed a lot of fun into your weekend.
You found some great treasures. I noticed the ric rac right away and was wondering what those were. So glad you solved that mystery.
I love those refrigerator dishes and they remind me of my grandma too.
I am ready for the cooler weather that fall brings. I'm anxious to do a little fall decorating, but not ready to go into the steamy attic to retrieve the decor :).

PBKISSES said...

Hey!
Welcome Home!
I have been LOOKING for the glass "leftover" dishes FOR EVER! So glad you found them. What a great price on the apothecary jars. You did GOOD! I thought maybe you were redeeming that Chateau night your sweet kiddos gave ya- you're saving that one, huh???? Talk to you later have a great week!