Sunday, October 31, 2010

Happy Halloween....



Happy Halloween or All Hallows Eve???
Well, whatever it's called! I'm not into the negative side of this holiday...just the pure fun of it! I don't focus on the bad yucky stuff...I don't serve witches, goblins, witchcraft, demons, devils or voodoo. 
I serve God as you do.  
So this holiday is purely....
jack-o-lanterns, 
apple bobbing, 
trick or treating, 
bonfires, 
Charlie Brown's Halloween movie, 

candy, 
costumes, 
and family get togethers.  
We have a tradition of going over to my 80+ year old in-laws who live on a great street that most trick or treaters like to frequent. About 25 of our family congregate and bring in great food....take the ones that still trick or treat out, hand out treats and just have good ole fashioned fun.  I planning on taking Baked Potato Soup and Pumpkin/Mini Chocolate Chip Bites. Hopefully someone will have a camera so I can fill you in later! My sis in law will be there and always gets great pics so check her blog too!
Do you have plans?

IT'S HALLOWEEN
It's Halloween! It's Halloween!
The moon is full and bright
And we shall see what can't be seen
On any other night.
Skeletons and ghosts and ghouls,
Grinning goblins fighting duels,
Werewolves rising from their tombs,
Witches on their magic brooms.
In masks and gowns we haunt the street
And knock on doors for trick or treat.
Tonight we are the king and queen,
For tonight it's Halloween!
Jack Prelutsky



Wishing you a Happy and SAFE Halloween! 
*******  Lace and I are so excited!! We think Christmas music on one of our favorite stations starts tomorrow!

No comments: