Monday, October 11, 2010

Prayer Requests

I would like to ask for prayers for my Mom.  She is moving home this weekend from being in Texas for 3 months.  We are busy getting her set up into a lovely Senior Assisted Living Facility.  She will have a small apartment that we will be furnishing with things from her home she shared with my Dad. She will have everything she needs and have the opportunity for a wonderful social and active life there.  I am asking for prayers that her Alzheimer's will allow her to stay there a long time and not have to be moved to a different facility AND that the adjustment will be a smooth and positive one for her. My husband and I will meet my sister in OK City to pick her up. I'm planning to stay with her in her new apartment a night or two to help her get adjusted. Thank you so much for your prayers. God is so good and we know that he has a wonderful plan for Mom. We are turning it over to him to guide us in making the best decisions for my Mom.

I also would like to ask prayers for my Aunt's (my mom's sister in law) family.  She was diagnosed (with no previous issues) with liver, lung, and brain cancer 3 weeks ago and passed away this past Saturday. Her funeral is tomorrow and her two sons are deeply saddened and shocked by all of this. 

The past year and a half have been extremely hard on my mom as she has lost her aunt, her brother, her brother in law, her sister, her husband, and now her sister in law. A lot of it she has not completely "grasped" and remembered which may be a good thing.

I will update you and let you know how mom does with her move.

I truly appreciate your prayers so very much. Blessings to all of you.

John 14:12-13 (King James Version)


 12Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.
 13And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.
  

James 1:5-8 (King James Version)


 5If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.
 6But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed.






5 comments:

Farming On Faith said...

Oh my goodness.
I am praying! You have been through such a rough year already.
My thoughts and prayers are with you at this time!

Happy@Home said...

Dear Tanya,
You can count on me to include your mom and your aunt's family in my prayers. I am so sorry to hear that you are having to cope with so much sadness and loss. I hope you are able to take it one day at a time (perhaps even one moment at a time). What you have shared regarding your mom's move took me right back to 2 years ago when I was doing this very same thing with my mom. I will be praying that all goes smoothly and your mom will soon feel at home in her new surroundings. You are in my thoughts.
Love,
Kim

Dee said...

Tanya, Take comfort in knowing there are prayers going to heaven for your mom and for you.

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ said...

Tanya, you have been through some tough times. I will pray for your mom and your family! I've heard lots of good things about the assisted living facilities! But I can imagine that all these decisions are hard ones to make. I'll pray!

Hugs,
Tammy

GardenOfDaisies said...

I will certainly be keeping your family in my prayers. I'm glad you will be able to stay with your Mom for a couple of days to help her adjust to her new home. Will she be close enough to where you live that you can visit regularly? So sorry to hear about your Aunt. This has really been a tough year for you Tanya. Hugs to you.