Thursday, April 1, 2010

Thankful Thursday



Today for Thankful Thursday I wanted to remember the sacrifice of Jesus Christ during this Easter Holiday. I'm very thankful and mindful EVERY Lord's Day to have the opportunity to remember and partake of the Lord's Supper but today I am thinking of how Jesus must have felt knowing he was to endure the pain and suffering that he did. So many days I wake and think of what lies ahead of me: meetings, phone calls, children's constant "needs" at school, grocery shopping, cooking, errands, etcetcetc...and really that is nothing in comparison to what Jesus felt on the day he bore our sins. My husband and I were talking about the week that led up to his Crucifixion and his Resurrection. It has been a good week to focus and think about it. We all are so blessed for his sacrifice. We all can have hope. We all have the comfort of knowing he has gone to prepare a place for us. We all wait....and today I am so thankful for the cross that he carried.


1 comment:

PBKISSES said...

Beautiful picture and beautiful comments! Thanks for reminding me to stop and remember. What a gift!