Friday, January 14, 2011

Madden Winter Survival Plan

It's booked and we're going! We are heading to the Caribbean for Spring Break!  And it's what is getting us through this cold Kansas winter.  Rodney and I have been on a cruise for our 10th anniversary and then the fam went a couple of years ago and decided "Oh yea...let's definitely do this again!" I spent months getting in the mood for that cruise watching old reruns of  "The Love Boat", researching the islands and saving change! If I get asked, "Where's your favorite place on Earth?", I always answer "Put me on a Caribbean beach!" We will set sail from San Juan, Puerto Rico and head to 5 different islands. We are pumped and so excited. 


Here's a familiar little tune for you to hum along!




Just sit right back and you'll hear a tale,
A tale of a grateful trip
That started from this tropic port
Aboard this mega ship.

The mate was a mighty sailing man,
The skipper brave and sure.
Five passengers set sail that day
For a seven day tour, a seven day tour.

The weather started getting warm,
The ship was totally full,
If not for the courage of the fearless crew
The minnow would be lost, the minnow would be lost.

The ship set port by the shore of this exquisite lovely isle
With Gilligan
The Skipper too,
The son in law and his wife,
The baby girl
The horseman and Haley Beth,
Here on Royal Caribbean. 


 Barbados, St. Lucia, Antigua, St. Maarten, St. Croix

Each person has started a "change jar"....souvenirs! I'm saving my extra duty money from school. Santa filled Christmas stockings with Bath and Body Tropical lotions to get us in the mood. And Momma is going to make the countdown poster. 
If you have never cruised....I'm going to go out on a limb and say you'll love it (unless you don't like water and/or you don't like motion...it might not be so great!) There is FOOD 24 hours a day!!!  And I'll also put a plug in for Royal Caribbean Cruiseline...AWESOME! 


My favorite part of the ship honestly is just sitting on the top deck listening to the Reggae band playing, having my lounge chair facing the ocean waters and just staring and appreciating all of God's wonder! Aaaahhhhh! 

Be prepared...lots of pics from 2 years ago. 


Music playing all day...all night!


Ahhhhhh....calmness....Darb calls this her "Escape from Life" HA!

This was in Jamaica...should we just swim over to the boat?


Daddy and Darb....relaxing and kickin' back!


Can I retire and just do this?



Darb getting her hair braided...


Jamaican Fun!



Heading back to ship!


 Formal Dining!


 Room Service ! We go as cheap as we can on the rooms....small and cozy! 2 - 3 in a room...we actually don't spend a lot of time in the room...just sleep, shower, dress and out the door!


More food!


 Let's go get a snack!


 Muster Drill...



 Captain's Party...


 Grand Cayman white sand!




An early morning sunrise!

So when I look out at all the snow, or go out and freeze to gather wood for the fireplace, or smear more lip balm on because my lips are so chapped, or put on another sweatshirt to bear the chill, or make another pot of hot steaming soup.....I sometimes catch myself grinning a little thinking about the sun, sand, and blue water and then I'm better! 

And so....I'm wondering...where on this beautiful Earth is your favorite place to dream about...that "feel good" place OTHER THAN HOME?
Because after all..."There's no place like home!" (I'm a Kansas girl!)
 

6 comments:

PBKISSES said...

HA! Yea--so happy for you! Hope you have a ball! As far as my favorite place???? I guess I'm wierd...I love it all...! But I have to say a cruise is just awesome! Have fun!

Patty Sumner said...

Oh Tanya, I am sooooo jealous. I have wanted to go on a cruise for such a long time. I cannot convince my husband. I know he would love it. I am sure that will make the winter pass by quickly. Your family looked like they had a blast. Blessings and I am so happy for you!

Life In a Little House said...

Wow great pictures and how exciting we are going to try and go on a cruise while the kids are on break over Easter. My husband thinks he may be able to trade in some of his frequent flyer miles to put toward this. It sounds wonderful the way everything is right there. And then you get to look at beautiful views off the ship as well. It all just sounds wonderful~ Thanks for the kind words today they are much appreciated. My car seems to be behaving for now. My Dryer and my Stomach well that is whole different story~ God is good though I am just gonna keep praying ~Have a good weekend ~Maybe I should mail you some sand that you could put your toes in until you go on your cruise hehehe ~Love Heather

Simple Home said...

I've never been on a cruise and I love the water! I grew up on the beach. I loved all of your photos...it looks like so much fun. Maybe someday :-)
Yes, we're in the high desert. We're about 45 minutes from Lancaster :-)
Blessings,
Marcia

sarah @ life {sweet} life said...

Oh how exciting! You guys will have such a great time. What fun pictures you shared. I love anything to do with the ocean/beach...enjoy! :)

A Gardner's Cottage said...

Did you hear the squeal? So excited for y'all!!! Looking forward to hearing all about it and some new pics! YAY! and look at you and your blog getting all techy ;) love the button! Have a great day!

Nancy