Sunday, January 9, 2011

Way to Go!

I have to give my husband a pat on the back. He does NOT like to be recognized, talked about, or noticed! He found out in September that he was chosen as the 2010 Boys 4A Kansas Track Coach of the Year. We were very excited and proud of him when he FINALLY slipped us the news. It may have gone something like this, "Remind me to pick up a new toilet flush kit when we go to Walmart and oh by the way, I'm getting an award in January." Like I said he does not like to be recognized. His boys track team set many records and did very well this past year. When Rodney was in high school, he was a very good track athlete as well. He won many gold medals and his Senior year at the State Track meet he won 3 in the 100 m, 200 m, and the 110 high hurdles. And then he coached our son in the pole vault to win a gold medal at state. Track has been a big part of his life.
So this past weekend we got to attend the recognition ceremony for the coaches. He was very tickled and that his family went and watched. It was a very nice luncheon and ceremony. Here are just a few pictures.
I am spending a lot of time reading my camera book trying to figure out how to take better pictures. So please understand I'm in training!



Daddy's proud daughters

 Great friends....Rodney was Boys Coach of the Year and his good friend was the Girls


Wonderful friends of ours







 Congratulations! We are very proud of you!



Keeping my fingers crossed just a little teeny tiny bit for a snow day this week! We have not had snow yet (a dusting one time) and so I'm trying not to get my hopes up. I blame the weather people for getting me thinking about 8 inches of snow coming! I have already concocted a list of things I could do at home. I went to Wally World and got stocked up on groceries so I'm really ready. I'll report back and let you know if it's a thumbs up or down!


My mom is doing reasonable well being back to the nursing home. Her feeding tube is going very well. The doctor is keeping it at a 24 hour feeding right now so the pole/bag/etc is a little cumbersome trying to take her walking but that's okay. Hopefully she will move to 6 or so feedings/day in a few weeks. She still knows all of us and communication is pretty limited with the Alzheimers at times but sometimes she surprises us.  One day I asked her what she wanted to watch on TV and she said "Vanna" (Wheel of Fortune!). She is not eating by mouth much at all. They call it "pleasure eating" and it is a pretty tough process with the swallowing and not letting it aspirate into the lungs. The Pneumonia has stayed away and that is a blessing. She goes to PT, OT, Speech daily and the beauty shop once a week. She really enjoys that. She has a very nice private room and her nurses are very good to her. I'm grateful beyond words for all the prayers that we given for her and because of those prayers, God has healed her for this time. All praise and thanks we give to our Heavenly Father. Every day I learn more and more to "Be still and know that I am God". Psalm 46:10

My staff at school got new laptops. What a wonderful blessing and I'm very grateful but for me it is MAJOR to learn to run something new electronically. I have a free upgrade due for my cell phone but I can't bear the thought of having to learn how to run a new phone. So I'm spending my weekend trying to figure all the new "gadgets" on this thing. Between my camera and my laptop, I'm about on brain overload. HA!


Hoping all of you are having a wonderful January and are fully recovered from the holiday season.

Blessings to you all!


















6 comments:

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

Congratulations.....Happy Sunday

A Girl in Pearls said...

Go Daddy Ron!..I mean ROD! ha! :)

Patty Sumner said...

Congratulations to your husband. Behind every good man is an even better woman....I pray, your mother have peaceful days..Blessings!

Life In a Little House said...

Congrats to your hubby that is wonderful!! Love the pictures....and I am there with ya I need to push myself beyond the auto mode on my camera. Glad to hear your Mom is recovering, Happy January Friend~May it be an especially Blessed January for you ~Love Heather

Janean said...

congrats!

i'm releasing helium balloons and blowing those obnoxious noise makers!!! yay!!!

i'm glad you shared his acccomplishments.

PBKISSES said...

So happy for Rod - I'm so glad you had something fun and exciting to celebrate. You've had a rough go! So good to finally get to chat yesterday - have a wonderful snowday today! YEA!